Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Monday 9/12/2011 Day 5


I called American Champion and they agreed to overnight a new gas cap to the local FBO.  I rented a car from Enterprise, ate breakfast, and spent an hour on the phone with SPOT CONNECT customer support and got my SPOT CONNECT to work again.  I drove to the airport and packed my bags, then took a leisurely one hour drive to Guadelupe Mountains National Park and drove to the top of Guadelupe Pass – just to check it out.  That night, I decided to treat myself to a good meal.  I found a really old, recently renovated hotel, Trinity Hotel that had a restaurant.  I ordered a small filet, baked potato and two Sam Adams (I don’t fly tomorrow).  Back at Motel 6, I fell asleep.  Not a lot of activity today, but I solved my gas cap problem, my SPOT CONNECT problem and scouted Guadelupe Pass.   Oh, I spent a couple of hours working on my diary.   Not bad for a day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment